You can enjoy significant cost-savings with cheap Linux VPS hosting. Linux VPS plans are in any case cheaper in price compared to Windows VPS hosting plans. This is because Linux is open source and there are no licensing fees. You will find many providers offering low-priced Linux servers. Linux servers are also popular because they are found to be highly stable and user-friendly. But, not all providers are the same. You should read online reviews about their performance and check for client feedbacks to be sure.
How can you get cheap Linux VPS servers?
To get cheap servers in Linux VPS, you should opt for their unmanaged hosting solutions. These solutions are cost-effective compared to managed hosting solutions because the tasks of server management and security are vested in you and not your host. However, unmanaged hosting is not a wise decision if your in-house IT staff is not capable enough or is not qualified and experienced. If you are not confident about your staff’s capabilities, it is better to spend more money and buy managed hosting plans.
What should you ensure when you buy cheap Linux VPS hosting?
- When you have been able to get cheap Linux servers, your job is to make sure that the provider offers round-the-clock technical assistance through different channels like emails, phone and chats.
- You must also ensure that although the Linux plans may be cheap, the host does not compromise on the quality of services at any point of time. The provider should have fault-resilient data centers which can guarantee redundant network connectivity to handle sudden power outages.
- When you choose cheap Linux VPS hosting, you must also ensure that you can get extra RAM or processing power when you need these. Just because the plans are low priced must not mean that additional resources cannot be obtained if needed. The main idea behind seeking VPS hosting solutions is because these are scalable, allowing businesses to get extra resources for seamless growth. So, while choosing any vendor, you must first ensure that it can offer you this scalability.
- At the same time, you need to make sure that your business can get extra bandwidth to handle traffic peaks if needed. You should also make sure that the vendor does not charge you for offering these resources.
- Before signing up for any cheap Linux VPS hosting plans you must therefore review the vendors’ SLA to make yourself aware of the uptime guarantees, the compensations the vendor must render for failure to meet the guarantees etc.
- While the plans may be low in price, they must not disregard the important of deploying robust security measures for data protection. So, while choosing Linux VPS h servers, you need to make sure there are proper security arrangements to prevent breaches of any sort.
- Finally, you need to properly assess the pricing structure before you sign on the dotted lines. This is because while some plans may appear to be “cheap” on the surface, they may have many hidden charges. So, you should be wary of providers that demand an upfront fee or which charges you for upgrades and updates, for installation or migration etc.
To be sure, you should ideally sign up with a host which offers you a free trial. This will help you ascertain their services properly before paying up. You can avail of plans with money back offers that allow you to discontinue services within a stipulated time period if you are not satisfied.